Keeping a weapon at home can make you feel safe at nights, and learning how to make them yourself can be a great hobby and may be a lifesaver someday. However, as much as these weapons can provide security, they are still weapons and you should treat them with respect.
I have identified some weapons you can make at home with instructions on how to make them.
Compound Bow from PVC pipes
Compound bows can be expensive, but you can actually make one using PVS pipes. Here is how.
- Heat and bend both ends of the PVC pipe and the riser to make the bow.
- Flatten the limbs and cut out a rectangular piece on each end. Then drill holes on each of the limb’s sides.
- Cut 8 circles from the PVC pipes to make the cams. 4 should take the largest circles while the other 4 should be roughly smaller by half.
- Laminate 4 circles (2 large for the outer walls, 2 small for the inner walls) with PVC cement to form both cams. Cut out part of the cams to make a hook for the strings.
- Assemble the cams and the bow with nuts, washers, nylon spacers, and threaded rods.
- Fold the end of a long cord and twist it around itself to make the bow string. Coat it with hot glue.
- Measure the proper length of the cord and twist the other end of the string. Attach it on the cams and idler wheel.
Pro tips: For a smoother, non-sticky surface, use epoxy into the tracks of the cams to seal small gaps.